The Home of NMRA 2017 Orlando will be The Rosen Plaza in the heart of the number one convention destination in the world, Orlando. The Rosen Plaza is an upscale, moderately priced hotel on International Drive next to the Orange County Convention Center. It's a 10 minute walk to the National Train Show.
The hotel is a smaller convention hotel with 800 rooms. It's meeting space occupies the first and second floor. Most of the sessions and presentations will be on the 2nd floor and it's a quick one minute walk from the elevators to the conference center. The conference center is connected to the Orange County Convention Centerby a covered skybridge. It's an easy walk between the National Hotel.
The room rate will be $119 a night for either a Standard King Room or a Standard Double Room with up to two people in a room or under The Rosen Plaza Family Plan with 2 adults and 2 children.
Click Here to view the Rosen Plaza website.
The Rosen Plaza is in the middle of the conventon district and a 20 minute drive to Disneyworld & Universal Studio and less than 10 minutes to SeaWorld. The "I-Ride Trolley" offers shuttle service along International Drive with conveniently located stops, one in front of The Rosen Plaza and one in front of the Orange County Convention Center. Fares are $2 for a single ride and $5 for an all day pass. The all day pass allows unlimited boarding. The I-Ride Trolley can also take you to and from Seaworld and Wet and Wild.
The hotel offers several dining options.
- The Lite Bite Express is a 24 hour grab and go option. They offer made to order sandwiches, pizza, breakfast items, hot sandwhichs and a variety of beverages including beer and wine at affordable prices.
- For those with a bit more time, Café Matisse is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 6:30am -11:00pm. in addition to a full ala carte menu Café Matisse has a lunch and dinner buffet. Lunch is less than $15 and the dinner buffet is less than $18.95. The buffet includes home-style soups, salads, entrées and some very tempting desserts.
- For the younger or party crowd there is Club 39. Get on the large dance floor or compete with friends on our pool tables, dart boards and classic video games. Club 39 offers great drink specials, VIP bottle service and no cover charge.
- Club 39 Poolside lets you kick back and relax with your favorite beverage and soak in the rays. It is the perfect place to catch up with friends and discuss model railroading or to sneak away and enjoy time to yourself. Or soak up some sun with a tropical drink in your hand. Both the indoor escape and outdoor oasis offer a complete selection of beer, spirits and wine by the glass. Open Daily: 11:00am until midnight.
- If you're looking for an upscale dining option close to the hotel look no further than Jack's Plzce. Named for Harris Rosen's dad, Jack Rosen, you can indulge in aged steaks and fresh seafood, a modern steakhouse adorned with the world’s largest collection of autographed celebrity caricatures created by Jack Rosen himself. Open Nightly at 5:30pm.
Other hotel ammenities include
- Direct-dial telephone & voice mail
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Remote-control Cable TV with in-room movies & video games
- Coffee maker
- Complimentary internet
- Large relaxing outdoor pool and spa
The Rosen Plaza is also a Pet Friendly hotel